Rules of Lostmoor *must read before posting* Jun 23, 2014 19:43:23 GMT -6
Post by ♕BEFERA on Jun 23, 2014 19:43:23 GMT -6
WELCOME TO LOSTMOOR
the land of the dead
Rules for posting in this land:
Lostmoor allows for living characters to talk with dead characters. There are some restrictions on this, as you can probably imagine.
• Threads with a living charr and a dead charr played by the same person are allowed, but threads between two different players are encouraged.
• Only the player of the deceased character is allowed to play it, meaning that if your charr wants to talk to their deceased sire but the player is no longer a member of RLTW, they are not allowed to go through with that thread. Even if the character is dead, it is someone else's character and you are NOT allowed to play it.
• The deceased character may appear in any form they choose, whether that be their equine form, a ghostly/shadowy form, a beam of light, another creature, etc.
• Deceased characters are CONFINED TO THIS LAND and CANNOT be posted anywhere outside of this land while deceased. If you want to post them elsewhere, they need to be brought back to life with a store prize.
• Deceased characters are NOT omniscient! I cannot stress this enough! They do not automatically know what anyone is thinking, feeling, or about ANY of the happenings of RLTW outside of what they can directly observe in Lostmoor/what is told to them ICly. This means that if they have been dead since before the war, they still believe RLTW is Light vs. Dark.
• Deceased characters cannot affect anything physically. They cannot touch, harm, or move anything in the physical world. Living characters cannot touch the dead either, so no hanky panky with dead characters I swear to god
• Deceased characters do not have ANY supernatural powers aside from being able to appear and converse with the living. This means that they cannot perform any kinds of magic, nor do they have any psychic abilities. This means they cannot communicate telepathically. They MUST use spoken words.
• In addition to the above rule, deceased characters cannot "possess" characters, objects, animals, etc. They cannot get into a charr's brain and make them do something or think something. They also cannot knock a character out and visit them in a dream or anything like that. Any psychic ability you can think of, the answer is NO.
• Deceased characters that are from your character's personal histories or were your characters but on a different site ARE allowed, but YOU must play them. You cannot give the role to someone else.
• Living characters may visit deceased characters that may have nothing to do with them. They can form friendships with dead characters, go to them for advice, etc., even if they did not know them in life.
• Deceased characters can talk to each other, see each other, etc., but they cannot touch each other or affect each other physically in any way. Deceased characters can have threads with each other, but please limit this.
• These rules are subject to change and will more than likely be added to, as this is a new addition to the site and we're experimenting with it! Feel free to PM a staff member if you are confused about any of these rules or have a question/need something clarified. (PM A STAFF MEMBER. DO NOT SPEW QUESTIONS IN THE CBOX. I AM SERIOUS, I WILL YELL AT YOU.)
• Finally, if you're caught breaking any of these rules, your thread will be deleted and you will lose all privileges of posting in this land for whatever amount of time the staff decide.